It’s not a big deal to lose your Spotify password, everyone does. Especially when you have signed on a zillion platforms it’s hard to keep check on all of them.
Whether you have forgotten your password or just want to change it for security reasons. Spotify has a very simple way to change or reset it.
So follow through this guide to know how you can change your Spotify password in a few steps.
How to Change Spotify Password?
To change your Spotify password you must log in to your Spotify account on a browser. Currently, there is no way to do this through the app.
- Open the Spotify website and tap on the Log in option.
- Enter your credentials and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in on your browser, the next step is to open your Spotify Account page.
- Tap on the settings icon and select the View Account option.
- On the Account page, under Security and Privacy, tap on the Change password option.
- Now, you will have to enter your existing password in the Current password field.
- Then enter the new password in the New Password and Repeat New Password fields.
- Once you’re done tap on the Set new password option.
You have successfully changed your Spotify password. To verify this you can log out from your account and then again login with your new password.
How to Reset Spotify Password?
It’s quite easy to change your Spotify password when you can access it. However, what if you don’t have any access to your Spotify account? In this case, you have to reset the password. Follow the steps below to reset your Spotify password.
Open the Spotify app on your device, or simply open the Spotify Account Reset link.
- Tap on Log in
- Now select Forgot Your Password option
- In the Email or username section, enter your Spotify username or email address.
- And, tap on the Send button.
- Spotify will send you an email with a password reset link.
- Open the email and tap on the Reset Password link. It will redirect you back to enter the new password for Spotify.
- Now enter the password in the New password field and again type it in the Repeat new password field. Finally, tap on Send to reset the password.
Your password has been successfully reset and you will be logged in to your Spotify account.
Changing your Spotify password may not be a big deal for some. However, it can be a tricky task for new first-timers. Moreover, if you have lost the password it can be a hefty task to reset it.
However, following this guide, anyone with no prior knowledge about Spotify can change or reset their Spotify password with ease.
Follow our blog for more such guides and tutorials.