Spotify has become the go-to music destination for most music lovers. Nearly all the music libraries are accessible to your fingertips. With Spotify having a massive audience it’s a common concern with many users to change their usernames.
Everyone wants to have a unique presence on the internet. However, unlike other social media platforms, Spotify doesn’t allow to change the username.
But is it the end of the world? Definitely not, you may not be able to change the Spotify username, but one thing you can surely change is your display name. And believe me, it’s the only thing visible to other people.
In this article, we will see how to change your Spotify display name. But before that let’s see how it’s different from the username.
Can you Change Spotify’s Username?
Spotify doesn’t provide any option to change the username. In fact, the username is not even that important for the users. A username is a set of unique characters that is assigned by Spotify itself to identify the users on its platform.
The Spotify username is only visible to the username. However, if you share the link to your profile page, it may be visible there.
Spotify allows you to change your display name and it is visible to your friends and other people on Spotify. It shows on your profile and playlists as well. Let’s see how you can change your Spotify display name.
How to Change Spotify Display Name on Smartphone?
To change your Spotify display name open the Spotify app on your mobile.
- From the home screen, tap on your name’s icon at the top left corner.
- Tap on View profile under your account name.
- You can see all the saved playlists and your current display name.
- To change you can tap on the edit button or simply tap on your display name.
- Now tap on your display name to edit.
- Once you edit your name, tap on the Save option at the top right corner.
That’s it, You have successfully changed your display name.
How to Change Spotify Display Name on Desktop?
Changing your Spotify display name on your desktop is very similar to the above process. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Spotify account from the Spotify desktop or through the Spotify website on the browser.
- Now click on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu select Profile.
- Click on the three dots and select Edit from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can also click on your current name to change it.
- Enter the name you want to display and click on Save to confirm the changes.
This will change your Spotify display name.
There is a misconception that you can change your Spotify username. The only thing you can change is your account’s display name. The username is only used by Spotify to identify its users.
Your display name is the only thing visible to your friends and other people on Spotify. We have discussed all the steps that you need to change your display name on Spotify.
For more such guides, tutorials, and the latest news follow our blog.